Call Center Manager Job Profile and Description
A call center manager is an individual responsible for the day to day operations and management of a call centre. They have to ensure that the customer service targets are met by the call center executives. They may have to plan in order to develop the call center and understand the areas that would require improvement. They may have to liaise with the client or the first party to understand their requirement and also to get more business.
There are few processes and procedures that the executives have to follow while taking calls. The call center manager has to ensure that the executives are following the procedures. He also to check whether the executives are maintaining the confidential information and in case any of the executives misuse the confidential information the call centre manger may have to take strict actions. It is also his responsibility to ensure that the customers are being delivered service of high standard and are satisfied. He may also supervise the changes that are required in the operation process.
Call Center Manager Duties and Responsibilities
There are various duties and responsibilities that a call center manager has to follow:
- Ensuring that proper call procedure are followed
- Ensuring that confidentiality of customer information is maintained
- Implementation of new working procedures in the operation process
- Addressing the executives and teal leaders about changes in a certain process
- Checking that call quality is maintained
- Making arrangements for training of new joiners and also of existing staff
- Meeting with the clients in order to understand their needs
- Coaching and motivating staff
- Attending to the issues of the staff and trying to find a solution
- Reviewing the performance of the staff
Call Center Manager Skills and Specifications
The skills and specifications that a call centre manager must have are as follows:
- Problem solving skills
- Should be motivating in nature
- Excellent telephonic skills
- Must have training skills
- Good knowledge about customer satisfaction
- Impressive communication and interpersonal skills.
Call Center Manager Education and Qualification
Any candidate applying for the position of a call center manager must have work experience in a call center or any call center related activities. A degree in management studies or consumer studies is also compulsory.
Call Center Manager Salary
The average salary of a call centre manager can be anywhere between $34000 and $52000 per annum depending upon the job profile.
Customer Service Clerk Job Profile and Description
Customer service clerks provide information and answer questions on the company’s goods and services. They assist customers by taking orders, scanning information about the customer bills and payments and also updating accounts whenever necessary. They also extend services like handling payments, making exchanges, providing refunds and processing service requests.
A customer service clerk may work interact with customers over the telephone or in person. Such personnel are mostly employed by insurance companies, retail establishments, telecommunications and various utility and service-oriented companies as well as other businesses. They demonstrate customer servicing skills via politeness, efficiency and patience. They often investigate the complaints and also arrange for assistance to aggrieved customers.
Customer Service Clerk Duties and Responsibilities
The core duties that a customer service clerk needs to perform are as follows:
- Writing reports and analyzing customer service that the organization provides.
- Visiting customers for providing a personalized service.
- Developing the complaints or feedback procedures that could be used by the customers.
- Developing all customer service policies, procedures and standards for the department or organization.
- Extending advice and help to the customers by using the organization’s products and services.
- Contacting the customers courteously via telephone, emails, regular letters etc.
- Inquiring and resolving customer grievances and complaints that may be too complex or long-standing and those that have been passed over by customer service agents.
- Handling any major incident or customer service complaints like a customer being taken ill or some security issues.
- Issuing compensations or refunds to customers.
Customer Service Clerk Skills and Specification
Following are some common skills and specifications that a customer service clerk is supposed to have:
- Organization and planning skills.
- Ability to prioritize work and time management skills.
- Data organization and management.
- Paying attention to detail and accuracy.
- Customer service orientation.
Customer Service Clerk Education and Qualification
The typical education and qualifications that a customer service clerk must have are as follows:
- While a high school diploma is sufficient, a graduate degree from a recognized university is preferable.
- Knowledge of the basic accounting principles.
- Knowledge of relevant computer software like MS Office.
- Working knowledge about the internet and email.
- Knowledge of all the administrative procedures.
Customer Service Clerk Salary
A customer service clerk can draw a salary of about $55,000 per year including the applicable perks and bonuses.