Administration career descriptions present you details on various kinds of jobs related to different administrative departments of an organization. A career in administration needs the candidate to possess good computer knowledge, and the ability to organize organization functions well. Apart from them job functions may also include overlooking the responsibilities of clerical staff, arranging meeting and appointments, handling calls and directing them to the right authorities, etc. The variety of work may differ from one organization to other and from one sector to another. There are always openings in the administrative departments of firms and a minimum educational qualification can be sufficient.
There are various career choices in administration related fields. Some of them are:
- Administrative Assistant
- Administrative Support
- Administration Manager
- Front Desk clerk
- Store Manager
- Administrative Officer
- Administrative Executive
- Housing and Office services head
If one is seriously considering a career as an administrator, then the following important points can facilitate their entry into this field:
- The education requirement for a professional in administration department should at least be completion of high school and graduation in any stream.
- The skills necessary for administrative jobs may vary between one firm to another. But the generic skills needed are computer skills including different MS Office packages, good communication skills, and good processing capabilities.
- Administrative jobs can range from storage and front desk office work to assisting the top level executives in organizing and planning different activities.
- Administrative jobs can be found in schools, hospitals, government and private companies, or any otsher agencies.