Anchor Rigger Job Description and Profile
An anchor rigger is a person who operates machinery that lifts heavy machinery required for construction purpose. He is responsible for lifting heavy machinery and cables which are used in manufacturing, ships, building construction and cataloguing facilities.
Anchor Rigger Duties and Responsibilities
- He is responsible for controlling the rigging apparatus skillfully
- He should have machine expertise while transportation
- He should have technical knowledge about the anchor rigging apparatus for repair and maintenance.
- He should know the process of anchor rigging apparatus alignment with the attach load
- He should have knowledge about cables and wires and pulleys that are used for attaching the load
- He is responsible for maintenance of overhead beams and support structures.
- He is responsible for carrying out welding tasks in case of any repair
- He should be able to work with oxyacetylene flame cutting/
- He should be able to understand and read a blue print of location
Anchor Rigger Education, Training and Qualification
An anchor rigger should have minimum qualification till high school along with subject knowledge of mathematics, physics and plan reading. A formal internship helps him in knowing the job and understanding tricks of the trade.
Anchor Rigger Degree, courses and certifications
An anchor rigger should do certificate courses tools and machines care and use, plan reading, blue print, flame cutting and welding. The more number of years one spends as apprentice more amount of knowledge one can assimilate which will help in further growth in industry from anchor rigger helper to managerial positions.
Anchor Rigger Skills and Specifications
- He should have good and healthy physical standards as this is a labor intensive job
- He should have eye for detailing for reading blue print
- He should be able to repair and maintain the loading and hauling machine
- He should have good eye sight
- His sense of distance and measurement should be good while working on high structures.
- He should work carefully and with expertise while handling welding and heating machine
- He should have good communicative skills when he gives road directions to other.
- He needs good supervision and co-ordination with team
- He should be ready to work in extreme and unfavorable weather conditions
- He should be a self motivating and hard working person
- He should be a team player
- He should be ready to work at odd hours
Anchor Rigger’s Salary/wage
An anchor rigger on an average earns $30,000 to $48,000 per annum.