Association Manager Job Description and Profile
An association manager is basically responsible to oversee day-to-day activities of an association which includes conducting meeting, disbursing funds, liaison between tenants and owners. He should be knowledgeable about US tenancy law and licensing. He is also responsible for expansion of an association by inclusion of new members. An association manager is chosen by Board members and he reports to them.
Association Manager Duties and Responsibilities:
- Is responsible for maintaining decorum in the community
- Is responsible for maintain the financial plan and records for an association
- Is responsible for conducting meetings and submitting reports and financial statement to board members on regular intervals of time
- Should keep track of changing tenancy laws and license policy and update association accordingly
- Is responsible for conducting recreational event for the residents
- Is responsible for public relations activities
- Is also responsible for maintenance of the community in terms of repairs, safety and insurance
Association Manager Education, Training and Qualifications
An association Manager should possess a High school diploma. He should know planning, budgeting, organizing, staffing and report making. His business acumen should be excellent for inclusion of new members in the community. He should have basic computer skills and should be well aware about fire drills and other safety measures. A sales and marketing experience is another desirable qualification for this designation along with good PR skills.
Association Manager Degrees, Courses & Certification
An association Manager should have a college degree should have hands on experience of Win Lab and MS Office. An overall knowledge about a specific type of establishments like condiments, community living, office establishments and Apartments increases the market value of a Manager. He should be well aware about the mechanical system and should have fair knowledge about Building construction for making an up sale. He should update his education qualifications with Business Management degrees, real estate laws, liabilities and risk.
Association Manager Skills and Specifications:
- Should have relationship building skills for residents and inclusion of new members
- Should know the art of getting things done from his sub ordinates and external agencies
- Should also be a good collection agent for overdue rents and maintenance amount
- Should be well versed with the product he is selling, domain expertise should be excellent
Association Managers Salary/Wage:
The salary of an Association Manager ranges from $20, 000 to $70,000 per annum depending upon the experience and qualification.