Bid Development Manager Job Description and Profile
Bids are the backbone of every company. Placing effective bids that can get the contracts to the company is the fuel that runs it. The job of a bid development manager is to prepare effective bid proposals so as to get the contract for the company. The job involves a lot of research and analysis of various industry and market parameters.
Bid Development Manager Duties and Responsibilities
- Studying the bid at hand and analyzing various parameters related to it
- Obtaining technical reports in order to analyze the resources and finances required for the job
- Working with estimators to obtain accurate estimates
- Analyzing the available resources of the company and evaluating with respect to the requirements of the contract
- Preparing a budget statement such that it is can get the contract for the company
- Estimating the right price so as not to incur loss for the company if the contract is awarded
- Supervise every stage of bid preparation
- Understanding and following all the procedures for placing bids
- Studying the market to find calls for bids
- Submitting the prepared bid to the company executives for approval
- Ensuring that bids are placed before the last day of submission
- Be present at the venue of bid opening
Bid Development Manager Education, Training and Qualifications
A bid manager has to be educated in business administration and management. Having a degree in law also qualifies the person for the job. Training is the most important aspect since preparation of bids is a complex matter. Experience of work as an assistant bid managers or preparation of legal business contracts is necessary. Experience in project management is also a very useful qualification for the job.
Bid Development Manager Degrees, Courses & Certification
Bachelor’s degree in business administration and management is a useful degree for the job. Besides this, bachelor’s degree in law is also considered by prospective employers. Experience is vital for the job.
Bid Development Manager Skills and Specifications
- Excellent knowledge about bidding procedures
- Excellent knowledge about various parameters to be considered for the bid
- Strong knowledge in mathematics and financial matters in order to evaluate the bid and find the optimum bid proposal
- Strong analysis and observation skills
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Must be meticulous and precise in working
- God management skills
- Keen eye for detail
- Ability to stay calm and work under severe stress and meet deadlines
Bid Development Manager‘s Salary/Wage
Salary of a bid manager ranges between $50,000 and $125,000. Bid managers also work on profit sharing basis or get bonuses for every successful bid.