Business Affairs Manager Job Description and Profile
A business affair manager has a wide range of duties and responsibilities in a company. He might either be allocated to oversee the various affairs of a single department or project or might be required to oversee the responsibilities of the entire company. His basic duties involve supervision of performances of staff, machinery, equipment and budgetary recommendations. He also plays an active role in decision making process by submitting detailed reports about the working of the company. More importantly, a business affairs manager forms a liaison between the company and the public.
Business Affairs Manager Duties and Responsibilities
- Overseeing various business affairs of the company such as budget, performance, manpower, marketing and all other aspects
- Participating in meetings and high level decision making activities of the company and providing useful inputs regarding various business affairs
- Preparing reports about activities and presenting them to company executives
- Evaluate income-expenditure statements and ensure that everything is running as per budgets
- Ensuring that there is no discrepancy in financial accounts
- Presenting a positive and encouraging picture of the company before the public
- Take care of all communications in the company such as press releases, public notices and inter-departmental memos
- May have to head the project planning committee
- Preparing work schedules and allotting work to employees
Business Affairs Manager Education, Training and Qualifications
A business affairs manger has to have a degree in management and business administration. While a bachelor’s degree is useful, a master’s degree in the same is highly preferred for higher posts and career growth. A master’s degree in finance is also helpful in obtaining the job. Experience of working in a business environment is essential.
Business Affairs Manager Degrees, Courses & Certification
Bachelor’s or master’s in business administration is an essential degree. In addition, master’s in finances and accounting or financial analysis is also preferred. The degree has to be from an authorized and certified college.
Business Affairs Manager Skills and Specifications
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Excellent observation and analysis skills
- Strong knowledge about all aspects of business affairs
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under high stress
- Excellent managerial and planning skills
Business Affairs Managers Salary/Wage
The salary of a business manager depends on the industry of work. It may range anywhere between $50,000 and $125,000 per annum.