Call centres are soon developing to be one of the most important departments of a business and the IT-BPO industry, employing millions of call centre representatives, is flourishing. Therefore we bring to you Call Centre career descriptions. Candidates can work in various posts in call centres. A minimum qualified person can work as a front desk clerk in a call centre while a highly qualified person may be able to secure a position as the head of call centre department. However the important point to note is that on the job training will impart most of the skills needed to carry out the responsibilities well and therefore the stream of education has little impact on the candidate’s applicability for a particular post. We list out the career options and the requirements that employers look for in candidates who want to work in call centres.
There are various career choices in Call centres. Some of them are:
- BPO technical associate
- Call Centre executive
- Call Centre technical support
- BPO Voice and Non-Voice executive
- Call Centre customer service representative
- BPO Senior Associate
- Manager – Service Delivery
- Voice or Accent Trainer
- Technical Support representative
Also consider the following education and job requirements for various levels of professions in Call centres.
- Candidates should at least complete their high school to be eligible for a job at a Call Centre.
- Candidates can pursue Bachelor’s degree and Post graduation in any stream.
- The important skills required to work in a call centre are good communication skills, ability to understand and communicate with clients across the globe, technical details of the job, good analyzing skills, and ability to resolve problems with calm and composure.