Complaints Manager Job Description and Profile
Complaints manager of a company ensures that customers are satisfied with the services offered by the company and minimizes the number of complaints. He will have to directly interact with customers as well as provide troubleshooting solutions. A complaints manager is also an important bridge between customers and the company. He is also called relations manager since he plays a major role in maintaining customer relationships.
Complaints Manager Duties and Responsibilities
- Going through the list of complaints from customers
- Understanding the reasons and factors behind complaints and work towards solving customers’ problems
- Monitoring complaints and working towards reducing their numbers
- Meeting with product development teams and relaying customer complaints related to the product
- Meeting with customer service and support executives in order to provide solutions for complaints regarding inefficient customer service
- Supervising customer support teams
- Organizing workshops and training programs to improve the efficiency of customer service
- Meeting with customers and handling their complaints directly
- Keeping an inventory of customer complaints in order to review them and improve the standards of the company
Complaints Manager Education, Training and Qualifications
A complaints manager should have a minimum bachelor’s degree. In this job, practical experience is very important. Having worked as a customer service executive for 5 to 8 years is necessary in order to get the job. Further, the job requires strong skills such as excellent customer service ethics and troubleshooting. Excellent communication skills are the prerequisite for the job.
Complaints Manager Degrees, Courses & Certification
Although any bachelor’s degree helps, the most preferred degrees are those in business administration and management. Master’s in Business Administration and Management is the best preferred degree. Internship program in customer service is a useful course to attend. The degree should be obtained from an accredited and certified institute.
Complaints Manager Skills and Specifications
- Excellent communication skills
- Good writing skills
- Excellent troubleshooting abilities
- Must be a quick thinker and be able to think of solutions to customer problems instantly. This is a very useful skill in a lot of practical cases
- Must be quick and alert to customer demands and complaints
- Must be creative in finding solutions for customer complaints
- Must be organized and meticulous in work
- Ability to maintain excellent customer relations
- Ability to work under stress since the job can frequently tend to be very stressful
- Must have a genuine concern for customer complaints and work with dedication towards finding solutions
- Must be highly result oriented
Complaints Manager‘s Salary/Wage
The salary of a complaints manager ranges between $50,000 and $100,000 depending on the company and experience.