Construction career descriptions explain you the various opportunities available in the field of construction. Infrastructure development is one of the major expenditures of any government and therefore there is always a demand of professionals in construction. Construction of roadways, railways, waterways, and airways are continuous economic activities in every country. Candidates are expected to possess knowledge of good construction techniques to build pillars and buildings that can sustain human and natural interventions like tsunami, earthquakes, etc. We provide the details of career choices and education and job requirements below.
There are various career choices related to Construction. Some of them are:
- Construction Labourers
- Construction Engineers
- Design architects
- Architecture specialists
- Construction Supervisor
- Construction Electrician
- Project Manager
- Civil Engineer
- Computer Aided Design (CAD) Specialist
- Planner / Scheduler
- Quality Assurance Manager
The following factors are also needed to be considered if one is considering a career in the field of construction.
- A candidate who aspire a career in construction related professions should at least pursue Bachelor’s degree in engineering with construction as the specialisation.
- A post-graduation in Operations management is an added advantage.
- Internship or live project in any infrastructure job will be a very valuable advantage.
- Candidates should be good at mathematical, statistical techniques to accurately measure the constructions.
- Most of the general functions of higher level roles like Project Manager are managing the project, preparing the blue print of the building, overlooking the responsibilities of the construction workers and labourers, etc.
- Knowledge of materials used in construction along with different tools and techniques will be very handy.