Consulting Manager Job Description and Profile
The job of a consulting manager is to ensure that the company output is high, costs of production are low and profits are high. They analyze the existing conditions in the company and provide solutions that can increase productivity and profitability. They can work in two capacities. They can either be employed by a company and cater only to the needs of that company or can is a freelance consultant and offer services to a number of companies. While large companies have their own consultants, small businesses usually hire services of a consulting manager to increase their performance and efficiency.
Consulting Manager Duties and Responsibilities
- Studying the parameters that influence the functioning of a company and ensuring optimum use of resources
- Study the existing functions and operation procedures of a company and find limitations and loopholes in it so as to improve efficiency of the company
- Meeting with clients and understanding their business practices
- Suggest ways to increase productivity of the company
- Solve management and operational problems that arise in the company
- Generate computer models using relevant software in order to decide on bets management practices
Consulting Manager Education, Training and Qualifications
A consultant manager has to have a minimum bachelor’s degree in the relevant field of consultancy. In addition, he is required to know the use of project management software. He has to have a keen sense of observation in order to analyze and formulate means of increasing production and efficiency of the company. However, a master’s degree in business administration following a bachelor’s degree is the relevant field is the most preferred qualification for the job.
Consulting Manager Degrees, Courses & Certification
Master’s in business administration and management is the qualification required for a maximum number of jobs, although a few companies accept bachelor’s degree with years of experience in business administration and management sector. In order to become consulting manager, the applicant has to have an experience in the field of 5 to 10 years.
Consulting Manager Skills and Specifications
- Sound knowledge about business practices and administration principles
- Excellent observation and analytical abilities
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Sound computer knowledge and awareness of the various software used for the work
- Ability to understand the requirements of the business
- Good management skills
Consulting Manager‘s Salary/Wage
Salary of a consulting manager ranges between $60,000 and $110,000 per annum. People who are in private consultancies of their own earn as per their business skills.