Copy Reader Job Profile and Description
Copy Readers are those professionals who write copies and check the work of other writers in order to ensure that the best quality of work is going for publication. These professionals are responsible for preparing market-based articles both in the broadcasting and publication purposes. These people also write other materials for promoting different types of products. They even work with the client for creating the advertising themes and slogans for the products specially, which need to be launched. Some of they even carry out the job of editing if their function is combined with that of the editor.
Copy Reader Duties and Responsibilities
- Developing and delivering ideas and drafts to the clients for the purpose of discussion in every matter including methods and themes.
- Varying the language and tone messages that are based on medium, product and target audience.
- Reviewing or editing the presented copy and then submitting the copy for the purpose of approval by the client or supervisor.
- Writing articles, bulletins, sales letters, speeches and other marketing and promotional material.
- Developing different names and slogans which come with the packaging, brochures and other types of promotional materials.
- Developing advertising campaigns for the clients and working with the advertising agency for determining the technique that would best present the advertising type.
Copy Reader Skills and Specifications
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Innovative and creative bent of mind.
- Attention to details and great organizational abilities.
- Ability to work under stress and within deadlines
- Critical Thinking abilities
- Time Management
Copy Reader Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism or any other subject in a liberal’s art field from an accredited institution.
- Gaining experience in writing, reporting and editing during internship before joining a company is vital.
Copy Reader Salary
The median salary of a copyreader is something around $43,620. However, their income would greatly vary depending on the nature of the organization they work for and the experience of the professional.