Customer Service Director Career Description
The prime responsibility of a customer service director is to ensure that the customer complaints are resolved well and customer satisfaction is made certain. The customer service director looks after the whole customer service department and oversees the functioning of the customer service managers and supervisors. Customer service directors have to formulate the policies, guidelines, and objectives of the customer service department and delegate them appropriately to the customer service executives. They should periodically check whether customer complaints are being handled well by looking at individual performance and customer feedback. They work with the customer service managers and supervisors and plan the operations of the department.
Customer Service Director Job Career Description
- The customer service director should look at exceptional customer complaints that might harm the profitability or brand image of the firm and resolve them according to his best judgement.
- A customer service director should look at team and individual performance and reward them appropriately.
- They budget and plan the functioning of the customer service department by coordinating with managers and supervisors in the department.
- They should make reports to show the performance of the customer service department to higher authorities.
- They need to staff the department with adequate resources, tools, machinery, and other facilities.
- They should have good interpersonal skills and problem solving attitude.
Customer Service Director Career Salary
Candidates who are trained to work as customer service director can find umpteen opportunities in many sectors. Most of the opportunities can be found in the software development sector, health care sector, manufacturing and distribution firms, software application firms, and retail firms. According to the salary estimates by National Salary data released by Pay Scale, the average compensation of a customer service director is about $48,000 to $146,000 per year with the median salary being $100,000 per year.