Database Developer Job Profile and Description
The Database Developer of a company takes care of the software which is associated with the functionality of the database of the company, the professional works for. This means that the database developer ensures that the records pertaining to the company are arranged in such a way that they can be searched and retrieved easily. These professionals also develop the database in such a way that new information can be added or deleted easily and automatically.
Database Developer Duties and Responsibilities
- Developing the expanding database in the best possible manner.
- Designing and modifying the databases for the help of the organization he works in.
- Working with both the technical and nontechnical employees in order to fulfill the organizational requirements and meeting the functional needs sufficiently.
- Maintaining the database security and integrity thereby determining who would have access to the database.
- Offering greatest possible security to the company’s technology by maintaining its database.
- Working with the latest technologies in order to make the organization meet the requirements associated with its development as a modern organization.
Database Developer Skills and Specifications
- Knowledge in a certain databases and adequate knowledge in programming.
- Excellent knowledge about different types of databases
- Excellent knowledge in programming
- Ability to cope up with the ever-increasing database of a company.
- Analytical bent of mind
- Responsible and disciplined
- Good knowledge of trade and business administration
- Great communication skills
Database Developer Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science is preferable though not mandatory in nature.
- Certification in databases like the SAP, Oracle, PeopleSoft etc.
Database Developer Salary
According to Indeed.com in October 2009, the average salary of the Database developer was $85,000 per year. However, the salaries can vary depending on the nature of the industry they work in and the experience as well as skill that the professional possesses.