Dietary Aide Job Profile and Description
Dietary aides are those medical professionals who work in the field of food and diet and are generally associated with hospitals and medical centres, etc. They study on the nutritional aspects of the patients and redesign a whole new diet chart for them to suit their health needs. Dietary aides could work under the instructions of a professional dietician and cater to all the healthy diet needs of all their patients. As the demand for healthy diet is increasing, so is the demand for good dietary aides.
Dietary Aide Duties and Responsibilities
- Various responsibilities fall under the purview of a dietary aide. Since eating healthy is very essential to maintain a healthy body and manage all the work related needs, specialised personnel like dietary aides help to devise a healthy eating chart for all ages of patients.
- Eating healthy also provides a better immune system and we can avert many major health related illnesses. Also to properly recuperate from an ailment, every hospital recruits good dietary aides to share the diet plans and comply with those food needs.
- Dietary aides are very helpful to talk about the specific eating habits of the patients and develop menus that suit their tastes and meet the nutritional needs of the body.
- The dietary aides also play an important role of developing the food standards in the hospitals or medical centres. They ensure the right kind of food supply and the proper serving amounts to the patients.
Dietary Aide Skills and Specifications
- Employers who are looking to recruit qualified dietary aides look for skills like physical fitness, cleanliness, etc.
- Candidates should be able to communicate well with their colleagues and patients and an excellent interpersonal skill is considered a favourable skill for the prospective candidate.
- The candidates should also know the policies and guidelines that come into force due to government guidelines pertaining to the eating habits and health standards of people.
Dietary Aide Education and Qualifications
- To become a dietary aide, candidates should enrol into degree programs from any of the dietary specialised schools and universities.
- Candidates should get registration done to start working as a dietary aide. However it is not a mandatory requirement by every employer. A degree or diploma course in medicine and an extra specialisation in dietician will suffice.
- Relevant work experience is considered a huge advantage.
Dietary Aide Salary
The compensation of a dietary aide depends on the hours of work put in on a daily basis. There might be work shifts for dietary aides. On an average a dietary aide may earn in the range of $25,000 to $45,000 per annum.