EDP Customer Support Manager Job Description and Profile
The job of the EDP Customer Support Manager entails planning and directing the activities of the Customer support of the company. The EDP Customer support manager coordinates the company’s activities in the use, maintenance and development of computer systems applications. When assigned he acts as head and performs other important duties when required. He trains and solves problems concerning computer users and assists in the installation of the computer hardware and software.
Duties and Specifications
- Plans and monitors the work of EDP staff specialists and computer programming and systems analysts providing needed services to various departments.
- Directs in the development of procedures and operating policies Customer Support and Help Desk.
- Through direct supervision, Evaluates and responds to programming and computer systems requests as well as assignments from various company departments.
- Assigns company division staff and provides assistance to the department in the procurement of contract systems
- Assists programming staff on assignments related to programming projects.
- Assesses training requirements on automated information systems.
- Develops training plans and policies.
- Directs in the design, delivery and scheduling of comprehensive training program for all users of office automation.
- Administers project training budget.
Skills and Specifications
- Ability to choose, train and direct company staff members and make plans on daily work activities.
- Regularly evaluate needs of departments.
- Create, develop and implement company procedures and policies.
- Schedule and manage data processing projects.
- Develop possible solutions for creation and management of data processing and information systems.
- Project all consequences of alternatives and create implementation plans.
- Write and present proposals, reports, conclusions and related information.
Education and Qualifications
- Possession of Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science
- Must have 3 years of solid experience supervising company staff and giving support to all users of computer information systems, or:
- 3 years of experience as data processing specialist, which include design of computer training programs and management of programming projects and systems.