Education Director Job Description and Profile
Today Educational Director is a highly popular post, which can be seen in almost every educational institution- from pre schools to universities. This professional is responsible for maintaining the management of the institute and ensuring that its daily and long-term operation is being carried out properly. In big and reputed institutes, the assistant directors assist these people. While the teachers form an integral part of the educational institutes, these people act like the guiding star of the institute.
Education Director Duties and Responsibilities
- Administering the cognitive assessments and creating individualized programs
- Training and supporting the teaching staff on daily and an ongoing basis
- Meeting regularly with parents for building professional relationships with them, which is necessary for running an educational institution.
- Maintaining and providing updates on the progress of students to their respective guardians.
- Meeting regularly with the local schools and other educational organizations for building the much needed community awareness.
- Promoting the new and effective educational trends for the best possible results of that educational organization.
- Organizing different functions and programs related to educational, cultural and extracurricular interest in the educational institution.
- Incorporating the teaching experience for making teaching an exciting affair.
- Maintaining the budget of the education institution and charting a financial plan for the institute which would be in its best interest.
- Coordinating the different departments of the institute in order to ensure that educational department receives the support needed to work effectively.
Education Director Education, Training and Qualifications
Master’s degree in Education, Psychology or any other related subject is imperative. At least ten years experience in the field of teaching is necessary in order to reach this position.
Education Director Degrees, Courses & Certification
Certifications on Education are available which can help the professional to earn a strong position in the industry. The demand for such professional is quite high, as a result of which a professional with requisite expertise can land up a good job here. Generally, the teachers after they attain minimum 10 years of experience and required expertise are promoted to the position of education director.
Education Director Skills and Specifications
- Great supervisory sills
- Excellent communication skills
- Awareness about the recent trends in teaching and education
- Responsible and organized
- Ability to deal with the children effectively
- Great leadership qualities
- Stress tolerance
Education Director Salary/Wage
The salary of the education director is about $125,000 per year. However, the salary of this professional depends on the nature, experience and nature of the industry he/ she is working for.