Electronics Systems Technician Job Description and Profile
Under direction, the job of the Electronics Systems Technician entails installing, maintaining, and repairing a variety of audio, video and other forms of electronic equipment and devices. He performs other related work and tasks when required. The job of the Electronic Systems Technician does not require him to present licensure.
Duties and Specifications
- The electronics systems technician maintains, repairs and installs video, audio, electronic and electric types of equipment such as TV sets, closed circuit television systems, monitors, video studio devices and equipment, video recording machines, CCD cameras, paging systems, intercom device systems, public address systems and electric control systems.
- Make regular tests and troubleshooting of defective electronic types of equipment as well as wiring with the use of volt meter, oscilloscope, ohmmeter, waveform monitors, vector scopes, and pattern generators among many other testing instruments and equipment.
- Determines and orders any part that is required in the repair of defective devices.
- Adapts existing electronic and electric instruments and equipment to specialized requirements.
- Adjusts equipment accordingly to benefit from most effective operation.
- Keeps and maintains records of done and accomplished work which include creation as well as maintenance of any type of systems documentation.
Skills and Specifications
- Ability to read, understand and interpret electrical and electronic schematic drawings and diagrams.
- Must know how to install, repair and maintain a variety of electrical and electronic types of equipment.
- Must know how to analyze existing defects and perform appropriate actions.
- Be able to efficiently utilize tools as well as testing devices and equipment in the repair of electric and electronic equipment.
- Must know how to climb ladders and poles up to fifty feet high.
- Must work in confined areas.
- Be able to work harmoniously and effectively with other people.
Education and Qualifications
- Possession of a High School Diploma.
- 2 years experience in the repair, testing and maintenance of video and audio systems equipment.
- Possession of valid Driver’s License (Class C).