Employment Consultant Job Description and Profile
An Employment Consultant needs to have abilities in different areas of human resources, community and social work. His expertise should be in the fields of case management, strategic employer relations, life coaching, and job development. He has to work in close cooperation and consult with the multi-disciplinary team in order to offer adequate amount of support and documentation to the referral sources. Along with it, he has to work like a seeker for the employment by assisting various workshops and workshops. He acts as the source for the potential employers for the successful securing of some permanent employment. This type of professional helps in the development of the career and goals of the job seekers thereby helping them to get the job of their requirement.
Employment Consultant Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducting employment assessment along with the client for the correct determination of the requirements and risks associated to the employment goals.
- Implementing plans and following up with each and every individual client for assessing the standard employment goals.
- Helping clients in forming appropriate work habits, attitudes and behaviors.
- Assisting clients in the process of preparing for interviews and diverse types of job maintenance matters.
- Facilitating, developing and supervising the individual or group training process in regard to those issues which arise before any kind of formal employment.
- Training the clients about different ways of handling the job interviews and offering them tips on the topic of negotiating a salary.
- Offering requisite amount of motivation to the employment seekers in order to make the mentally prepared for a job interview.
Employment Consultant Job Skills and Specifications
- Excellent communication skills
- Good presentation skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to advise people correctly on different important issues
- Good leadership and organizational abilities
- Strong presence and multitasking skills
Employment Consultant Education, Training and Qualifications
A diploma or bachelor’s degree in human resources, social work, psychology, adult education, work and career counseling is necessary for an employment consultant. A master’s degree would be even better for it would offer good career prospects. At least two years related experience in sales, marketing, recruitment, file management, job coaching etc is highly imperative.
Employment consultant Job Degrees, Courses & Certification
Though not mandatory, an employment consultant can obtain some certification like the Certified Employment Interview Consultant certification to enjoy good reputation and exposure.
Employment Consultant Job Salary/Wage
The salary of an employment consultant is $32,751 to $35,950per annum. However, the salary might vary depending on the experience, expertise and the area of work to which the professional is associated with.