Entry level banking job description and profile
An entry level job in a bank can be of various types. A person can start his career in a bank as a cashier, teller or accountant, to name a few positions. As the person gains experience, he or she will be promoted to higher posts like managers.
Entry level banking duties and responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities of an entry level banking job depends on the type of job. Apart from the above mentioned entry level jobs, a fresher can find employment as a sales and marketing executive, deposit clerks, customer service executives and assistants to accountants or other senior staff. The basic duties and responsibilities of entry level banking job description are:
- Learning about the basic functioning of the bank and implementing them in everyday work
- Communicate with customers and help with various functions like deposits and loan information and procedures and
- Ensure that the bank gains new customers by employing sales and marketing techniques
- Back end support entry level jobs involve maintaining the databases of the bank and upgrading them regularly
- Follow instructions of senior executives and deliver precise work
Entry level banking skills and specifications
The skills and specifications of entry level banking jobs are:
- Ability to learn and understand the various aspects of the banking industry
- Must be alert and attentive
- Must show precision and accuracy in following orders
- Ability to understand banking concerns of customers and help them out
- Excellent analytical ability and observation skills
- Excellent communication skills
Entry level banking education and qualification
A high school diploma is sufficient for many entry level jobs. However, technical jobs like accountants require a bachelor’s degree in accountancy, finance or business administration.
Entry level banking salary
Entry level salaries for bank employees range between $20,000 and $40,000 for clerical posts and between $30,000 and $60,000 for technical posts.