Financial Asset Manager Job Description and Profile
Every company has assets that help in the growth of the company. Financial assets of the company are a major portion of the company’s investments. A financial asset manager is the person who oversees all the transactions, legal documents and authorization with regard to company assets.
Financial Asset Manager Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensuring that the asset is legal and not under any kind of controversy from any government body or from a third party
- Evaluating whether the acquisition of the property is worth for the company
- Estimating the market value of the asset
- Ensuring that all legal documents with regard to the acquisition of the asset are in order
- Presenting the reports regarding estimation and evaluation of assets to the executive body of the company
- Reviewing the value of assets and working towards increasing their value
- Ensuring that payments are regularly received from assets that are leased or rented
- Ensuring that all mortgage, lease and rent documents are in valid status and renewing them before the deadline
- Managing the functions of staff and allocating responsibility
- Documenting all data related to assets in an organized manner
- Verify legal documents pertaining to ownership, sale and purchase of assets
Financial Asset Manager Education, Training and Qualifications
In order to be a financial asset manager, studying a management and administration course is essential. The applicant has to be trained in asset management by working as a subordinate to managers. Experience of work is very important since the job deals with practical aspects such as negotiations and bureaucratic procedures.
Financial Asset Manager Degrees, Courses & Certification
A bachelor’s in Business Management and Administration is the basic degree required and can get an applicant an entry level job. However, for faster career growth, a master’s degree in Business Administration is necessary. Applicants with a bachelor’s or masters in law are also eligible for the job.
Financial Asset Manager Skills and Specifications
- A sound knowledge about various aspects of financial and real estate assets
- Excellent communication skills
- Good management ability
- Must have a keen sense of observation in order to spot hidden costs or other discrepancies from legal documents
- Must be skilled in negotiations
- Performance should be result oriented and prompt
- Good computer skills
Financial Asset Manager‘s Salary/Wage
The salary of a financial asset manager ranges between $70,000 and $150,000 per annum.