Graphic & Web Designer Job Profile and Description
Content is king as far as websites are concerned, but the site also needs to have a good design and layout to harbor the content, else the user might lose interest in a site and hit the back button. Apart from the aesthetic aspect of a business a site also needs to be well designed in order to be complaint with SEO standards. There are certain elements in web design that hinder a web site from becoming visible through search engines. As a graphic and web designer you need to be able to create compelling designs that are complaint with different optimization techniques and also have the “user retention” element in them.
Graphic & Web Designer Job Duties and Responsibilities
- You would be responsible for creating website and portal designs for clients within stipulated time frames. .
- It is important for you to understand that web designing segment is not a “one size fits all” segment. Some businesses would benefit from a gothic look, whereas some would be in a more advantageous position with a simplistic look on them. You need to be able to differentiate the requirements of a site based on the theme or content that that the site is expected to have.
Graphic & Web Designer Job Skills and Specifications
- You need to have excellent drawing skills both on paper and computer.
- You need to have a keen sense of dimensions, because a site would be as good as the picture you have of it in your mind.
Graphic & Web Designer Job Education and Qualifications
- You’d be required to have a diploma in graphic and web design.
- Apart from experience in designing sites and portals, you’d also need to have at least a high school diploma.
Graphic & Web Designer Manager Salary
- Salary depends on how good you are at your job, but an average designer can make $15 per hour or $5000 per month.