Health Projects Manager Job Description and Profile
Under administrative direction, the job of the Health Projects Manager entails planning and managing health education projects and programs. He manages variety short-term as well as long-range projects and programs related to enhancing department’s performance and developing strategic department plans. The position likewise performs related tasks and duties when assigned.
Duties and Specific
- Plans health education projects and programs in areas such as bicycle safety, tobacco control, HIV and even prevention of dental disease.
- Negotiates and gives contracts to agencies in the community to provide health services.
- Creates and monitors administrative and program budgets.
- Advises contractors in various technical issues.
- Monitors program and project effectiveness and evaluates personnel’s performance.
- Acts as liaison to various health organizations and members of the community to make contacts, identify resources and share information.
- Represents his department on committees focused on concerns in public health.
- Looks for funding for programs and projects from various types of sources
- Researches funds and grants sources and prepares applications for applications as well as proposals.
Skills and Specifications
- Be able to plan, delegate, prioritize and organize work.
- Must know how to analyze and evaluate important information and other data as well as form recommendations.
- Be able to develop and fully utilize evaluation systems.
- Must be able to develop and monitor project budgets.
- Be able to establish program standards and evaluate staff performance.
- Must know how to prepare various written documents.
- Be able to conduct presentations before people.
- Able to establish and maintain harmonious work relationships with employees, community members and general public.
- Must know how to exercise full diplomacy and tact.
Education and Qualifications
- Possesses Master’s Degree specializing in community or public health type of education.
- Three years of professional health education experience.
- Possession of State Driver’s License.