HR Deputy Manager Job Profile and Description
An HR deputy manager takes care of a lot of important HR functions and reports to the head HR manager. People in this role are usually posted at the head office of a company and need to liaise with various other departments for issues pertaining to recruitment, retirement, employee benefits and problems. You are expected to be a good communicator, a good listener and also a good problem solver. A lot of travel is expected, because you’d have to attend training programs and interview sessions in different parts of the country.
HR Deputy Manager Job Duties and Responsibilities
- As the deputy HR manager, you’d be part of the HR team and handle all issues pertaining to human resource development.
- In most companies, a deputy HR would have a couple of reportees to him and would have to oversee their functions pertaining to file maintenance, data maintenance, training, compensation management etc.
- You’d have to have an eye for detail and be able to solve employee problems promptly when your subordinates get stuck.
HR Deputy Manager Job Skills and Specifications
- You’d be responsible for maintaining employee files related to health, payroll, issues, background checks etc.
- Training is an important part of the job and you’d be expected to not only know the HR policies in and out, but also be able to train employees on them.
HR Deputy Manager Job Education and Qualifications
- Since this is a managerial position, you’d be required to have a degree in management, preferably with HR specialization.
- In most companies this position is reserved for senior executives with experience, so some exposure to HR functions would boost your eligibility.
HR Deputy Manager Salary
- This is a senior management position, so salary would be a bar for the right candidate.
- You can expect to draw anywhere between $15000 – $22000 per month depending on your experience.