HVAC Specialist Job Description and Profile
Under general direction, the job of the HVAC Specialist entails performing skilled and semi-skilled work and tasks in the maintenance, repair and operation of systems on heating, ventilation, refrigerating and air conditioning. The HVAC Specialist likewise performs other related tasks and responsibilities as required of him.
Duties and Specifications
- Performs all types of tasks on maintenance and repair in the operation of heating, refrigeration, ventilating and air conditioning systems.
- Repairs, maintains and operates pipes, boilers, thermostats, pumps, air filters, oil and waste pressure indicators, bearings, belts and blower fans.
- Oversees and checks compliance of contract as well as the work of contractor for the company on HVAC maintenances, replacement and repair projects.
- Instructs and leads building maintenance workers in performing routine or regular maintenance of all heating, ventilating and air conditioning equipment.
- Designs, installs and maintains small and medium-sized HVAC systems.
- Performs data entry tasks that are related to HVAC systems preventative maintenance.
- Makes appropriate calculation on the amount of Freon for use in air conditioning units.
Skills and Specifications
- Able to recognize conditions requiring full repair and maintenance of work.
- Must be able to keep and maintain records.
- Able to effectively communicate with all types of people.
- Be able to regulate and direct operations.
- Must know how to accomplish written forms.
- Must be able to read and understand schematics.
- Able to read and apply instructions on operation and repair.
- Must explain fully any technical information.
- Must be able to learn and apply practices and principles in the administration of contract.
- Must know how to use a computer.
Education and Qualifications
- 3 years of relevant experience in the operation, maintenance and repair of boiler equipment including the operation and repair of equipment for ventilation and air conditioning.
- Possession of valid State Driver’s License (Class C).
- Possession of valid State CFC License within 6 months from his appointment.