Internet Retailer Profile and Description
The internet is no longer the privilege of a lucky few, it’s a big market place and all companies have graduated beyond acquisition of web space to selling something or the other on the web to targeted customers. What you do if you own a brick and mortar shop to sell your stuff? If you have an answer, then that’s exactly what you’d be doing as an internet retailer. You would more like a shopkeeper selling stuff to your customers and also looking after the online portal from where you sell your merchandise.
Internet Retailer Duties and Responsibilities
- As an internet retailer you need to be responsible for growth and development of the online portal you are working for.
- You need to have a thorough understanding of how the internet businesses work, how customers think and also what the competitors are doing to promote their business online.
Internet Retailer Job Skills and Specifications
- As an internet retailer you also need to look after the internet retail chain you are working for, apart from the sales and service part.
- You’d have to be able to step into the shoes of your consumers and be able to think like them and design your promotional strategies and products to suit their needs. You need to be able to sell the products the way customers want to buy it and not the way you want to sell it.
Internet Retailer Job Education and Qualifications
- A diploma or degree in retailing would be expected. You could also have a management degree in marketing.
- You need to have experience in online sales and marketing and also have a thorough understanding of computers.
Internet Retailer Salary
- A good internet retailer could draw around $6000 per month.