Laundry Coordinator Job Description and Profile
Under direction, the job of Laundry Coordinator entails the supervision and participation in the laundering of clothes, bedding and other washable items and performing of other related tasks and duties as may be required of him. The best candidate for the job is responsible for the inventory of laundry, cleaning and washing services for the company. He is also responsible for training and supervising crew of washers in the use of wash machine and dryers.
Duties and Specifications
- Supervises a group of washers in the laundering of clothes and other washable items.
- Orders and checks use of laundry and cleaning supplies and other items.
- Monitors inventories of clothing, betting and overall supplies.
- Monitors the general condition of clothes, beddings and other items and have them replaced when necessary.
- Maintains all supply and laundry areas.
- Operates cleaning and laundry tools and equipment, wash machines, dryers and weighing scales.
- Folds all clean laundry items and makes them ready for pick up.
- Checks and monitors pressure gauges for necessary adjustments.
- Adds needed chemicals to return to proper proportions and changes compressor oil.
Skills and Specifications
- Able to fully develop and apply operational methods and procedures.
- Must organize and prioritize day-to-day tasks and assignments.
- Be able to learn supervisory methods and techniques.
- Able to train and head in an effective manner people of various backgrounds.
- Must learn to utilize and train for equipment on heat transfer.
- Must be able to comply with regulations and laws governing laundry operations and services.
- Must know how to maintain accurate reports and records.
- Be able to understand laundry machines to perform repairs and adjustments.
- Able to lift objects that weigh 50 pounds and more.
- Be able to work with hazardous and toxic chemicals and other materials.
Education and Qualifications
- 1 year of experience in an institutional or commercial type of laundry in a supervisory capacity.
- Possess a valid State Driver’s License (Class C)