Maintenance Painter Job Description and Profile
Under direction, the job of Maintenance Painter entails performing skilled painting jobs on furniture, buildings and other facilities. He also performs other building repair and maintenance tasks and duties. The maintenance painter performs other related tasks and duties when required of him, such plumbing, masonry, welding, heating, roofing, carpentry and electrical work.
Duties and Specifications
- Effectively mixes and matches various types of paint.
- Prepares building and other surfaces for painting tasks by burning, scraping, filing and sanding holes and cracks.
- Applies coats of paint with roller, brush and spray equipment.
- Utilizes varnishes, paint, stains, and enamels for the interiors and exteriors of the building.
- Cleans and maintains brushes and other tools utilized after every painting job.
- Performs a variety of building repair and maintenance tasks and duties, such as repairing furniture, installing shelves and cabinets, repairing all furniture and even faucets, replacing electrical switches and preparing and pouring concrete.
Skills and Specifications
- Able to mix and match various types of paint and choose the best harmonizing colors.
- Must work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Able to establish and maintain harmonious work relationships with others.
- Must know how to plan, create, assign and check work.
- Must be able to explain painting methods and procedures.
- Be able to understand every tools and procedures in painting
- Must have knowledge of rigging and scaffolding.
- Be able to demonstrate repair and maintenance methods and practices for furnishing, structures and equipment.
- Must know how to compute labor, time and materials necessary.
- Be able to work with safety practices.
Education and Qualifications
- At least a year of painting experience.
- A combination of education, training and experience equivalent to the standards listed above and provides the necessary knowledge as well as abilities.
- Possess valid State Driver’s License (Class C) required.