Maintenance Plumber Job Description and Profile\
Under general direction, the job of maintenance plumber entails performing skilled type of plumbing work in the repair, installation and maintenance of water, gas, sewer lift stations, irrigation and water wells. He likewise performs other related tasks and duties that’s required of him.
Duties and Specifications
- Installs, repairs and maintains fittings, fixtures and pipes.
- Operates water pumps and treatment systems, cold and hot type of water systems, irrigation fixtures and water wells.
- Maintains and fixes irrigation systems, water sprinklers, water wells and sewer lift stations.
- Tests and checks completed work and performs needed adjustments.
- Performs periodic inspections of water systems for efficient and safe operation.
- Estimates labor, material and total costs of installation and repair tasks.
- Makes reports of materials and time and needed to fix and maintain equipment.
- Maintains records and reports of water systems operations.
- Supervise helpers and workers on major repairs and installations jobs.
Skills and Specifications
- Have knowledge of water as well as gas installations.
- Must have knowledge of maintenance and repair procedures and methods as well as the proper materials, tools and equipment utilized in plumbing repair, construction and maintenance work.
- Must know safe types of methods and requirements, procedures and equipment.
- Able to trace the causes of problems on water well, sewer lift, plumbing and irrigation problems and subsequently make repairs.
- Must be able to read, understand and work with blueprints.
- Create rough sketches and drawings of work.
- Makes estimates of labor and materials.
- Must be able to work in full cooperation with other workers.
- Must know how to speak and write in a clear and professional manner.
Education and Qualifications
- At least a year of experience doing plumbing work; or,
- Equivalent mix of education, training and relevant experience that provides the necessary knowledge, skills and capabilities.
- Possession of valid Driver’s License (Class C) is required.
- Certification on device tester on backflow might be required.