Marketing Associate Job Description and Profile
In many companies, marketing associate is an entry level job in the marketing department. The job mainly consists of assisting marketing executives in executing marketing plans and in any other marketing activity where assistance is required. They play a vital role in carrying out the ground work such as compiling survey results, organizing statistics, creating basic statistical graphs from the information gathered and helping in preparing and execution of strategies. In small companies, a marketing associate reports directly to the marketing director. In larger enterprises where marketing department is multi layered, a marketing associate reports to the immediate head.
Marketing Associate Duties and Responsibilities
- Assisting senior marketing staff in various functions in all stages beginning from pre-planning, planning and execution to analyzing customer feedback
- Assisting in organizing marketing events such as trade shows, seminars and conferences
- Assisting in collection of marketing data and logistics
- Assisting in preparation of reports
- Meeting with different service providers such as printing agencies, advertising agencies, writers, graphic designers and others in order to ascertain whether things are on schedule
- Ensuring the virtual media such as blogs and websites are regularly updated
- Ensuring that all mails and correspondence are answered
- Taking active part in project development and formulation of marketing campaigns
- Ensuring that all marketing paraphernalia such as press notes, press releases, launch details, brochures and posters are dispatched and displayed as per schedule
Marketing Associate Education, Training and Qualifications
A marketing associate learns a lot on the job. To begin with, a college graduation is sufficient for the job. For faster and brighter future growth, a bachelor’s degree in sales and marketing is required. Experience is not required since this is often an entry level job. Bigger companies require experience as a salesman or junior salesperson.
Marketing Associate Degrees, Courses & Certification
Bachelor’s or associate’s degree in sales and marketing or business management is the basic requirement. However, to rise to the position of marketing manager, a master’s degree in business administration is a requisite.
Marketing Associate Skills and Specifications
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to understand orders and compete them perfectly
- Maintain a good relationship with clients
- Must be hard working and committed to the job
- Must have a strong knowledge about marketing principles
- Ability to write reports
- Ability to understand the technical terminology used in market analysis
- Excellent observation and analytical skills
Marketing Associate‘s Salary/Wage
Marketing associate earns anywhere between $30,000 and $70,000.