Marketing Communications Coordinator Job Description and Profile
The job of a marketing communications coordinator is to formulate various educational programs, booklets, newsletter and printed materials to complement the marketing strategies of the companies. He works at developing new communications with the public and makes the marketing campaign more effective. He also works in coordination with various departments connected to marketing such as the sales and marketing department, customer service department and public relations department in order to bring out effective marketing strategies.
Marketing Communications Coordinator Duties and Responsibilities
- Understanding the requirements of the advertising campaign and draft suitable communication programs
- Formulate draft various things like brochures, posters, news letters and others
- Plan internet marketing materials such as drafting articles for article marketing, blog posts and uploading text into websites
- Ensure that the drafted material is suitable for the target audience by analyzing and understand the market trends
- Use radio as an effective channel to promote and market the products
- Take a lot of care to proofread and make required changes in the text before using them for marketing
- Ensure that all the content developed in completely original by using software applications
- Ensure that the content is without errors
- Prepare business communications
- Maintain a strong working relationship with external parties such as vendors, wholesalers and retailers as well as internal marketing departments
- Verify all marketing communications leaving the company to evaluate them for relevance and errors
Marketing Communications Coordinator Education, Training and Qualifications
A bachelor’s degree is the prerequisite for the job. In addition, the applicant must have strong writing skills as well as oral communication skills. People who have studied journalism or mass communications are best suited for the job. Business administration students with sales and marketing as major subjects and who have a strong writing skills are highly eligible for the job.
Marketing Communications Coordinator Degrees, Courses & Certification
Master’s in Business Administration (MBA) with sales and marketing as subjects is the most desirable qualification. Experience of working in sales and marketing department is essential.
Marketing Communications Coordinator Skills and Specifications
- Excellent writing skills
- Good verbal communication skills
- A strong knowledge abut writing content for marketing purposes
- Ability to write strong marketing content
- Knowledge about various media in which the content can be used
- Good decision making skills and the ability to work within deadlines
- Must be a good team player as well as work without supervision
- Good leadership qualities
Marketing Communications Coordinator‘s Salary/Wage
Salary ranges between $50,000 and $80,000 per annum.