Marketing Consultant Career Description
A marketing consultant designs strategies related to the marketing department of the client’s firm. The client’s requirements are first understood and tested in the market using various marketing techniques like conducting and analysing marketing research. In the market research, the client’s services are matched with the customer requirements and any discrepancies that exist are communication to the client organization. After advising their clients on the market requirements, they help them develop products and services that satisfy the needs of the end consumer. They also assist the sales departments by coming up with innovative marketing strategies like promotions, discounts, pricing, communicating, etc to increase the sales of the client’s products and services. They provide a customized service to their client’s marketing needs.
Marketing Consultant Job Career Description
- A marketing consultant is responsible for catering to all marketing strategy needs of the clients.
- They understand the client requirements and develop marketing processes that help them achieve the goals of their client’s organization.
- They coordinate with various teams of the client like sales, marketing, finance, operations, etc.
- They help their client conduct marketing promotions like advertising, develop sales force, give presentations on behalf of clients, etc.
- They develop marketing strategies for the clients based on their capital requirements and allocation.
- They also track marketing events of the client and make periodic reports and reviews on them.
Marketing Consultant Career Salary
Candidates who want to become marketing consultants can find numerous opportunities in business consulting firms, marketing companies, advertising agencies, media management firms, consultancy firms, insurance and financial services companies, etc. Candidates should have at least 3-4 years of experience in the relevant field to become marketing consultants. According to the estimates by National Salary data released by Pay Scale, the salary of a marketing consultant varies from $30,000 to $156,000 per year with the median salary being $90,000 per year.