Offset Equipment Operator Job Description and Profile
Under general supervision, the job of the offset equipment operator entails the operation of offset printing equipment, processors, copiers, plate-making equipment, and other types of bindery equipment. The Offset equipment operator likewise performs related tasks and duties that are required of him to do.
Duties and Specifications
- Produces printing projects by operating various models and types of offset printing presses.
- Sets up forms and registers them in the press.
- Modifies types of paper feeding processes.
- Mixes ink as well as controls water and ink controls.
- Operates types of offset presses for one color and multi-color types of printing.
- Operates various types of bindery equipment for drilling, stapling and padding.
- Cuts, trims and sizes paper stock on automated type of hydraulic paper cutters.
- Manually collates with the use of automatic collating equipment.
- Computes stock counts and ensures availability of proper stock level.
- Receives work orders and performs reviews with clients.
- Records charge-back and accounting information.
- Alerts supervisor or manager of needed stock item requirements.
- Receives documents on stock and inventory documents.
- Performs basic machine upkeep and maintenance.
- Ensures immediate report of maintenance problems.
- Assists and address troubleshooting issues.
Skills and Specifications
- Able to maintain, operate and oversee various types of production on offset printing equipment.
- Must operate digital and analog photocopy machines, cutting machinery and bindery.
- Must know how to deliver a high level of quality control.
- Be able to keep correct production records.
- Must learn inventory practices.
- Must know how to follow written and verbal directions.
- Must establish cooperative and harmonious work relationships with clients and other staff members.
- Be able to complete projects within assigned deadline.
Education and Qualifications
- Two years of experience operating offset presses and related equipment.
- Equivalent combination of education, experience and training that provide the necessary knowledge as well as abilities.