Park Maintenance Worker Job Description and Profile
Under general supervision, the job of the Park Maintenance Worker entails performing a variety of construction as well as repair and maintenance work associated with beaches, parks, and other forms of recreational facilities. The Park Maintenance Worker likewise performs related tasks and duties that may be required of him to do such as plumbing, masonry, electrical, painting, minor road repair, grounds-keeping and other park maintaining and repairing work.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Builds, repairs, maintains and installs wooden types of fences, chain link fences, barbeques, backstops, playground equipment, roofs, picnic tables, floors, windows, stone wall and doors with the use of construction power and hand tools and implements.
- Constructs, maintains and cleans hazardous waste buildings and facilities.
- Prepares, grades and excavates ground types of surfaces for decomposed and concrete granite applications.
- Fabricates concrete buildings and structures like foundations, slabs and footings by building forms; tying and cutting rebar; and pouring, finishing and mixing concrete work.
- Patches holes with premixed materials and repairs damaged structures areas.
- Installs water lines and other water facilities like sprinkler systems, irrigation and drinking fountains.
- Maintains and cleans all sewer lift stations.
Skills and Specifications
- Knows how to fabricate and weld various metals.
- Must know how use small hand tools such as hammers and screwdrivers as well as bigger types of tools such as rakes, shovels and trowels.
- Be able to construct, repair and maintain various kinds of structures that are utilized in park access.
- Able to read and understand blueprints, construction plans as well as manuals.
- Must know how to follow safety procedures and practices in usage and storage of various pesticides and herbicides.
- Establish harmonious work relations with others.
- Be able to keep and maintain reports and records sufficient to important issues such as pesticide usage and document inspections.
- Keep and maintain inventory of materials and supplies.
Education and Qualifications
- Two years of relevant experience in general construction and maintenance.
- Possession of valid State Driver’s License (Class C).