Plywood Manufacturer Job Description and Profile
A plywood manufacturer is basically involved in the processing and finishing of raw wood. There are number of responsibilities that a plywood manufacturer carries out as per the company that hires him. He can work as manager, support staff, engineer, setter, operators and finance staff. The responsibility of a manager and support staff is to handle budget and other finance related activity along with logistics, supply chain and Human resource or personnel department. Engineers and others work directly with the raw wood and helps in the processing of finished product.
Plywood Manufacturer Duties and Responsibilities
- He is responsible for budget preparation and preparation of balance sheets
- Responsible for hiring, training and allocation of work to new recruits
- Responsible for logistics and supply chain
- Responsible for human resource activities and employee safety
- Responsible for technical and raw material procurement and maintenance
- Responsible for processing of raw material as per the order guidelines
- Responsible for operation of machine and setting the machine as per requirement
Plywood Manufacturer Education, Training and Qualifications
A plywood manufacturer working as engineer or in field should have technical degree in wood science or wood processing. A Plywood manufacturer working as manager or administrative staff should have degree in business management. A lower level job requires industry experience along with minimum education qualification.
Plywood Manufacturer Degrees, Courses & Certification
For manager level job one can have degree or certification in business administration from university or college along with on the job experience for rapid growth in the industry. For technical job one must have engineering degree in wood processing.
Plywood Manufacturer Skills and Specifications
- He should understand the complete chain of production management from production stage to end product
- Should know the standard operation procedure and should follow it strictly
- Should know the industry standards for quality should follow the guidelines
- Should be a team player and team motivator
- Should be self motivator and should be ready to put extra hour in work
- Should know the machine completely and should repair and do the maintenance of the same.
- Should give ideas for development of new designs and patterns in manufacturing
- Should be able to maintain and repair different units of assembly line production
- Should have eye for detailing
- Should be able to work under deadlines and pressure as per product supply order
Plywood Manufacturer Salary/Wage
The average salary of a plywood manufacturer is in the range of $15,000 to $35,000 per annum as per the industry.