Preschool Director Job Description and Profile
Almost every preschool employs either a Preschool Administrator or Director for the proper management and operation of the school. The preschool directors generally begin their initial years as the preschool teachers and then make their way to the management. Some of the large and reputed preschools hire these assistant directors for aiding the main director and sharing the management workload. These directors function as the guide of the school helping in its daily and long term functioning
Preschool Director Duties and Responsibilities
- Providing useful services for the benefit of preschool and meeting the parents, answering questions.
- Interviewing potential teachers, staff members, hiring, and firing as and when required.
- Meeting parents and solving their queries with regard to the school whenever necessary.
- Selecting teachers and staff keeping in with the philosophy of the preschool.
- Maintaining records on all preschool staff and creating awareness of the services of the preschool by marketing the school.
- Building a website for the school in order to create an Internet presence for the school.
- Creating budget for the school’s expenses and purchasing the much needed supplies for the preschool.
- Supervising the preschool staff, detecting the defects in the operation of the school if any and making adequate arrangements for getting rid of these problems.
- Maintaining all paperwork, documents for later correspondence.
- Staying aware of the different trends in education and incorporating them in order to make the school rank well in the competitive market.
Preschool Director Education, Training and Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree in Teaching, Education or in related field is highly essential. Coursework in Education, Management etc can be of great aid to prosper in this field. Experience as preschool teacher before reaching this post is necessary in order to understand the basics of preschool education in a better fashion.
Preschool Director Degrees, Courses & Certification
Certifications in Education training, or Management for obtaining a higher position in this field are easily available which can help the professional to land a better job. Job openings in this field are quite vast since these professionals are in great demand.
Preschool Director Skills And Specifications
- Highly organized and responsible in nature.
- Great problem solving abilities.
- Great communication skills
- Ability to deal with the customers effectively
- Excellent ability to deal with children
- Great supervisory skills
- Excellent problem solving abilities
Preschool Director Salary/Wage
In July 2010, the salary offered to the product manager was around $120,000 per year. However, the salary of the training consultant greatly depends on the nature of the job, the expertise and experience of the professional.