Product Management Director Job Description and Profile
The most important duty of the product manager director is to formulate and execute those marketing strategies, which operate behind the products and service lines. They are mostly related to the development of the standard and quality of a product for the best results. The experienced product managers often reach the position of product management director and thus drive the marketing initiatives, which need to establish the business standards and also position the company’s products and services in a high position in the marketplace. This means that they can take care of the fact that the product and services obtain a competitive position in the market. Generally, they come with extensive technical expertise and have the ability to meet the organization’s business objectives.
Product Management Director Duties and Responsibilities
- Studying the market, customer intelligence, different trends and requirements of the customers and conveying it to the management of the organization for best results.
- Working closely with the research and development teams of the organization in order to develop the product or service of the organization in a better fashion.
- Identifying the business opportunities which can help in maximizing the potential revenue for the individual products and services.
- Collaborating with the sales, marketing, advertising and technical services teams in order to coordinate the product launches.
- Responding to the customer inquiries and needs for the best possible improvement in the quality of products and services.
- Leading and supervising the product management team and discussing with the engineers about product release dates and about implementation of the best features.
- Working with the sales and management for creating and publishing of the product price lists.
Product Management Director Education, Training and Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree in Management in related field is highly essential. Coursework in Technical writing, Statistics, Economics etc can be of great aid to prosper in this field.
Product Management Director Degrees, Courses & Certification
Certifications on different facets associated with this field for obtaining a higher position are easily available which can help the professional to land a better job. Job openings in this field are quite vast since these professionals are in great demand.
Product Manager Skills and Specifications
- Highly organized and responsible in nature.
- Great problem solving abilities.
- Great communication skills
- Ability to deal with the customers effectively
- Strong people skills and patient
- Great analytical skills
- Excellent problem solving abilities
Product Management Director Salary/Wage
In July 2010, the salary offered to the product management director was around $150,000 per year. However, the salary of the training consultant greatly depends on the nature of the job, the expertise and experience of the professional.