Publications Assistant Job Description and Profile
Under general supervision, the job of Publications Assistant entails the production of a variety of documents that includes letters, correspondences, brochures and reports with the use of document-formatting equipment as well as software. He likewise performs other clerical and related tasks and duties as required.
Duties and Specifications
- Learns and adjusts to office automation and computerization.
- Uses document-formatting equipment and software programs to create a variety of documents such reports, correspondence, forms, documents and charts.
- Creates documents from corrected or clear copy, general instruction or recorded dictation.
- Arranges and transform material into the acceptable type of format.
- Edits and proofreads reports and various documents for appropriate spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- May perform a variety of general secretarial or clerical tasks and duties like answering telephone calls, filing and even scheduling all appointments.
Skills and Specifications
- Must know how to type with speed of 45 words a minute.
- Must have great knowledge of the English language, with high level of proficiency in spelling, punctuation and grammar.
- Be able to compose business letter as well as reports.
- Must know modern general office method procedures.
- Able learn document-formatting software programs as well as equipment.
- Proficient in the use of office automation and computer software like word processing, database management and spreadsheet.
- Be able to produce and create documents from rough draft.
- Must know how to proofread drafts.
- Must know how to communicate and explain effectively word-processing capabilities to other users.
Education and Qualifications.
- At least a year of solid clerical experience, focusing on the field of office automation and computerization as well as use of document-formatting program software and equipment.
- Completion of an accredited document formatting software or office automation course is a substitute for 6 months of necessary experience.