Retail Career descriptions provide with a wide array of opportunities for people who want to pursue their career in the world of retail. Working in retail needs a candidate to come in touch with the customer and facilitate their buying. The behaviour of retail sales persons and other staff affects the brand image of the company positively or negatively. Candidates need to know various products that are in high demand and should occupy maximum shelf space. The need of the local population is to be understood to maximise the revenue of the retail shop. Retailers should conduct well with their customers. The following are the career options, educational and job requirements for any aspiring candidate who is willing to work in the field of retail.
Various career choices are available in the field of Retail. Some of them are listed below:
- Retail Salesperson
- Retail Cashier
- Retail Merchandiser
- Retail assistant
- Retail Store Manager
- Retail Sales Consultant
- Accessories Buyer Manager
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Coordinator
- Fashion Merchandiser
- Men’s wear / Women’s wear Manager
The following factors are also needed to be considered if one is considering a career in retail:
- Candidates should take up retail management in their post graduation diploma if they want to secure a higher level position in this field.
- A nominal level of education can also help one to obtain a job.
- The necessary skills in this case would be knowledge of various retail products, good behaviour with customers, book keeping abilities, accountability, etc.
- They should also take care of broken, damaged, defective pieces and report the same to the supplying company.