Retail Sales Consultant Job Description and Profile
Whether it is the automotive, clothing or any type of industry, every industry employs the Retail Sales Consultant. These people work like an intermediary between the company and the people helping different products and services reach out to the mass. When it comes to the promotion or advertisement of the products manufactured by the company, it is the duty of the retail sales consultant to carry out the task.
Retail Sales Consultant Duties and Responsibilities
- Educating and informing the customers on the beneficiary nature of some product or services.
- Examining the existing condition in the industry for formulating the policies, which would help to decide the nature and effectiveness of the sales.
- Maintaining the store equipment, monitoring the inventory in order to ensure that the items are in the best possible quality.
- Answering and responding to the customer calls in order to solve their query regarding the nature and effectiveness of the products and services.
- Ensuring that the work areas are proper, clean and organized in order to ensure that the efficiency of the workplace is good enough.
- Suggesting the accessories or other additional products, which are based on the customer needs thereby, aiding them with their helpful advises.
- Rotating the store displays and also the advertisements for the promotion of the items.
- Consulting the management in hiring and training employees and if they have reached the management position they would look over the matter.
- Maintaining daily record transactions, managing the staff time sheets and reconciling the store accounts for proper coordination.
Retail Sales Consultant Education, Training and Qualifications
Though any formal education is not required, those retail sales consultants who have a bachelor’s degree or an associate degree can reach the management position easily. A highly qualified consultant might even move to a senior role if he has the requisite ability and if the company finds it important enough.
Retail Sales Consultant Degrees, Courses & Certification
Certifications on different facets associated with this field for obtaining a higher position are easily available which can help the professional to land a better job. Job openings in this field are quite vast since these professionals are in great demand.
Retail Sales Consultant Skills and Specifications
- Highly organized and responsible in nature.
- Ability to offer people important suggestions on various matters.
- Ability to train people adequately.
- Great communication skills
- Excellent leadership qualities
- Amiable and professional in nature
- Ability to work under pressurized conditions
Retail Sales Consultant Salary/Wage
In July 2010, the salary offered to the retail sales consultant is $25,000 per year. However, the salary of the training consultant greatly depends on the nature of the job, the expertise and experience of the professional.