Staff Physician Job Description and Profile
DEFINITION: Under general direction, the Job of Staff Physician entail organizing, directing and providing medical and health diagnostic treatment services in a hospital or clinic setting. He likewise performs other related tasks and duties that are required of him to perform.
Duties and Specifications
- Provides medical services in a health clinic setting.
- Diagnoses diseases, conditions and illnesses.
- Provides medical care to the general public.
- Reviews x-ray and laboratory findings.
- Prescribes the appropriate type of medicine and treatment.
- Refers patients for special types of diagnostic treatments or medical procedures and coordinates plans for treatments.
- Provides medical consultation to prevention, treatment, care and diagnosis of health conditions and problems.
- May provide health supervision to mid-level practitioners, staff nurses and other support staff.
- Keeps and prepares accurate medical reports and records.
- Consults with other physicians concerning medical histories of patients.
Skills and Specifications
- Able to assess health symptoms and provide accurate diagnoses.
- Must be able to prescribe the type of treatment that is appropriate to the condition as well as of the patient.
- Be able to skillfully apply techniques and principles of modern medical medicine.
- Effectively communicate with other medical staff and patients in both written and verbal forms.
- Must be able to establish effective and harmonious relations with medical staff, patients and the general public.
- Be able to coordinate day-to-day important medical efforts and activities with other medical and nurse staff.
- Must understand the requirements of indigent patients.
- Be able to interact effectively with clients from various social and economic backgrounds.
Education and Qualifications
- Graduate from accredited university or school with a MD degree.
- Completed 1-year internship.
- Possesses valid certificate as surgeon or physician.
- Possesses valid State Driver’s License (Class C).