Visual Arts Coordinator Job Description and Profile
Under general direction, the job of the visual arts coordinator entails the planning, directing and overseeing the activities of company staff and artists that are contracted with the visual arts program of the company. He likewise performs related tasks and activities as may be assigned to him.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Negotiates, accepts and prepares contracts of visual artists.
- Plans and reviews all the work of contracted artists by the company.
- Provides all the necessary technical assistance to visual types of artists as well as organizations.
- Assists the Director in preparing grant proposals.
- Reviews journals, legislation and other materials related to visual arts.
- Prepares necessary reports for those who make important decisions in the area of art.
- Provides important advices on the conservation and maintenance of art collections for the company.
- Plans, oversees and directs that company’s art program.
- Administers budget for arts programs of the company.
- Assists in art development and coordinates the formation of procedures and policies for the company’s arts commission.
Skills and Specifications
- Able to plan and oversee programs designed to patronize visual art for public places
- Must be able to prepare annual financial budget for the visual arts programs.
- Must know how to negotiate and create arts contracts.
- Be able to provide assistance in the field of visual arts.
- Must know how to write concise and engaging reports.
- Be able to provide public presentations.
- Must be able to coordinate between artists and specific committees.
Education and Qualifications
- Possesses bachelor’s degree in fine arts, museum science, art history and other related field.
- At least one year of experience in administration that includes preparation of budget and program management.
- One year of technical experience in accredited or reputable arts agency.