Web Project Manager Profile and Description
A web project manager is the person who would be taking the overall responsibility of how different teams perform on a web based project. This definitely is not a beginner level position and you above all need requisite experience to be able to handle such a role. You’d have to know the business in and out in order to prove profitable for the company. You need to know everything from soups to desserts in order to be able to manage the whole operation successfully. There are a lot of people from different verticals that work on a web project at a time. You need to be the one person to be able to manage all of them. You’d be expected to behave more like an entrepreneur who would work without supervision and would be responsible for profits and client satisfaction.
Web Project Manager Duties and Responsibilities
- As a web project manager you need to understand design, content SEO and marketing etc.
- You need to be an excellent communicator so you can get your message across properly to different departments working on a particular project.
- You need to very much customer centric and be able to prepare timely reports of what’s happening around you on a particular project and feed the client with those reports so he knows that men are at work.
Web Project Manager Job Skills and Specifications
- You should have people management skills above all, because you cannot handle a project all by yourself; you’d need people to do that and you need to be able to manage them efficiently.
- You need to have an eye for details and be able to spot a flaw right away.
Web Project Manager Job Education and Qualifications
- A degree in management would be essential and also a diploma in computers or project management.
Web Project Manager Salary
- You could expect to draw around $15000 per month if placed with a reputed company.