Welfare Fraud Investigator Job Description and Profile
Under direction, the job of Welfare Fraud Investigator entails investigation on allegations of forgeries, fraud and other criminal activities associated with welfare funds and public assistance. He also is involved in performing related tasks and duties that’s required of him to do
Duties and Specifications
- Investigates cases of suspected violations of the law on fraudulent welfare fund receipt.
- Traces and finds witnesses and suspects.
- Contacts companies and employers, law enforcement groups and other related entities to secure specific information and data that are related to welfare fraud.
- Interviews witnesses as well as suspects and scrutinizes their testimony to know and confirm allegations of forgeries and fraud of welfare fund benefits.
- Writes and creates reports of investigative activities as well as collected evidence.
- Reviews all available financial reports and records as well as wage histories of recipients of welfare for determination of possible existence of welfare fraud.
- Gather important evidence, collects fingerprints, presents and financial records and reports of all types.
- Prepares arrest and search warrants in matters on welfare fraud and other related criminal activities such as grand theft, perjuries and forgeries.
Skills and Specifications
- Able to collect, assemble and evaluate facts as well as evidence and create conclusions.
- Must be able to learn and apply Welfare laws that are applicable to various investigations.
- Must firmly enforce the law.
- Negotiate for payment on monies that’s due.
- Be able to independently work.
- Able to prepare accurate, legible and complete written forms and reports.
- Must be able to communicate well, whether orally or in written form.
- Be able to effectively maintain harmonious work relations with other workers, agencies and the general public.
Education and Qualifications
- Possesses valid P.O.S.T. Certificate.
- At least two years experience on sworn law enforcement.
- Good Moral Character with thorough background check.
- Possesses valid State Driver’s License (Class C).