Wholesale Manufacturer Career Description
A wholesale manufacturer produces products on a mass scale. These wholesale firms are set up mostly near the location of their raw material suppliers. The wholesale manufacturer analyses the needs of the market and establishes good relationships with wholesale suppliers so that they can send their large scale manufactured materials to those suppliers and ultimately sell them to the target markets. There is no definite education requirement for those candidates who want to become wholesale manufacturers. But a Bachelor’s degree or master degree in logistics and supply chain management can add lot of value to the candidature of an applicant. The wholesale manufacturer should build a database of all the sets of materials that have been sold to suppliers and those that are still lying as finished goods in the firm for better tracking and perusal.
Wholesale Manufacturer Job Career Description
- A wholesale manufacturer has the prime responsibility of carrying out the manufacturing activities in a wholesale firm smoothly and in an effective manner.
- A wholesale manufacturer should coordinate with the marketing team for estimating demand and producing goods accordingly.
- The wholesale manufacturer should track the movement of goods within departments and outside the firm to various suppliers.
- The wholesale manufacturer should take feedback from wholesale suppliers so that any changes or defects in the products can be rectified and sent back to customers.
- It is also the responsibility of the wholesale manufacturer to ensure that all the products produced comply with the safety regulations for packaging and quality.
Wholesale Manufacturer Career Salary
Candidates who wish to pursue a career in wholesale manufacturing can find no dearth of opportunities if they possess the relevant education and experience. Candidates should preferably possess a master in supply chain management. Employers prefer to hire candidates who have 4-6 years of experience in this field for the position of a wholesale manufacturer. The pay of a wholesale manufacturer according to Pay Scale estimates ranges from $29,000 to $81,000 with the medial salary being $56,000 per year.