IT is one of the most flourishing job sectors today and the IT manager is that professional who occupies a very important position here. This professional has the duty of planning, setting up and executing the network design related to the organization, he works for.
He is also responsible for managing the telephone system pertaining to the organization, the office administration duties, training of new recruits in the department etc. From the task of innovating new systems to maintaining of the existing ones, all falls within his aegis.
IT Manager Duties and Responsibilities
- Managing the diverse departments of information technology in order to ensure their smooth functioning.
- Supervising and taking charge of those activities which are related to the productivity of the workers.
- Setting the goal, planning, and organizing the next step in the project, guiding and offering directions to the workers placed under him.
- Encouraging and coaching others in order to improve the quality of the work. * Evaluating and analyzing.
- Evaluating and examining the processes or procedures and deciding on the best choice for producing an outcome.
- Track the progress of the activities and effectiveness of individuals and reviewing them and offering the required counseling.
- Providing satisfaction amongst the customers in order to take the company name to a higher status.
- Setting up high standards and achieving them by motivating and guiding the workers through the process of project operation.
IT Manager Education, Training and Qualifications
A bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field is highly required but a master’s degree is even more preferable. Apart from formal degree, people here require experience and managerial qualities to function in this field.
IT Manager Degrees, Courses & Certification
Along with formal education, these professionals require certifications in different streams of networking and information technology. Specialization in certain streams helps them to reach their desired position. A management diploma along with these essential degrees is also necessary.
IT Manager Skills and Specifications
- Good deal of knowledge in networking and software handling
- Idea of network designing and operation
- Good knowledge in network designing and security
- Flair for technology
- Excellent technical and logical knowledge
- Strategic planning abilities
- Supervisory and leadership skills
IT Manager Salary/Wage
The salary of an IT manager is about $90,000 annually. They can gain additional financial support if they sign up for high end sophisticated IT projects. This salary can be even higher for those who work in a better location or possess more experience.
The IT Coordinator is such a professional who plays an important role in the Information Technology of an institute. His position encompasses full range of IT, learning technology, technology integration etc as much possible at the Preschool-12 school level. The IT Coordinator oversees the network of the school, computers, systems and technology integration, software etc.
Assisting in the preparation of technical and structural documentations of the operating systems also falls under his/ her aegis.
IT Coordinator Duties and Responsibilities
- Developing and implementing of district plan for the instructional usage of computers.
- Understanding district budget, budgeting the process, spending process, and working within the system in order to secure capable resources for the instructional computing.
- Developing, implementing, and periodically evaluating district technology based in-service plan.
- Helping the district in the process of developing and implementing plans for acquisition and maintenance of software and hardware.
- Maintaining accurate inventory of the computer software and hardware which belong to the district.
- Helping in the development and implementation of a district process for evaluation of courseware, software, hardware etc.
- Disseminating technology-related data throughout that district through news bulletins, presentations etc.
- Working on the community relations by communicating with parents and professional groups.
- Encouraging the development of district hiring policy and its implementation.
- Helping the district in the process of obtaining external funding through the participation in grant planning.
- Assisting the technical support staff in the task of managing tickets needed for meeting helpdesk service.
- Assist the project team in the planning and implementation of the special projects.
- Responding to the client requests in accurate and timely manner.
IT Coordinator Education, Training and Qualifications
Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Information Technology is absolutely imperative but along with this degree, a diploma in teaching is also vital in order to develop the teaching and coordination skills.
IT Coordinator Degrees, Courses & Certification
These professionals need to possess certifications in order to function in this field and such courses can vary from anything from educational technology to aspects related to Information Technology.
IT Coordinator Skills and Specifications
- Great amount of perseverance
- Excellent interpersonal relations
- Excellent amount of knowledge of software applications
- High work ethics
- Ability to work under stress
- Great analytical skills and administrative skills
- Critical thinking abilities and great coordination skills
IT Coordinator Salary/Wage
The salary of an IT coordinator is about $85,000 annually. This salary can greatly vary depending on the experience of the professional and the size of the IT firm where he/ she is working.
IT Consultants are technology experts with the duty of providing aid and assistance to IT firms in different technical aspects. Also known as system application consultant, management consultants etc, these professionals are required in every organization. This is because such professionals can assist their organization in the process of installation and repair of the software systems.
These people help in adapting contemporary industry trends then implementing those standardized programs in the company. IT consultants are in some cases self-employed and they work with many organizations while in other cases they are associated to a single organization. In every case, their duty is to offer assistance in the process of optimizing software business solution.
IT consultant Duties and Responsibilities
- Collecting the requirements of clients and processing them for planning budget and configurations of the systems which are required in that organization
- Understanding client needs by suggesting various options that best suit the requirements best and giving them the optimized results
- Conducting audits and collecting requirement related specifications for understanding both type and nature of the work at client’s site
- Providing consulting aid on different specialized software package and explaining the efficiency to clients
- Highlighting the strengths and weaknesses of hardware system and the software packages that have been opted by the client for his system
- Helping the clients in the process of buying both software and hardware items from companies which offer best prices in industry and guiding them in the negotiation
- Assisting in the installation of software and making sure that clients are content with the items they are utilizing
- Documenting the installation processes and other essential information for client’s future references and providing them consulting aid whenever necessary
IT consultant Education, Training and Qualifications
A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science is extremely imperative. Though, often companies employ people without any degree in computer science they need to have some amount of experience in computer technologies.
IT consultant Degrees, Courses & Certification
Many hardware, software technology certifications are offered by reputed colleges which need to be taken in order to become an expert in this particular field and this will also in turn enhance job opportunities.
IT consultant Skills and Specifications
- Excellent amount of knowledge of both old and new types of operating systems
- Excellent interpersonal skills and great amount of perseverance
- Ability to upgrade systems
- Ability to offer good advice
- Quick thinking abilities
- Excellent organizational skills
- Enthusiastic and highly motivated
IT consultant Salary/Wage
The salary of an IT consultant is about $65,000-90,000 annually. However, the salary level greatly depends on the years of experience of the professional as well as his expertise in this field.