Account Management Job Profile And Description
An account manager is a professional who handles the responsibility of the advertising accounts, and take charge of all the accountants working under budgets and administration department. These professionals are responsible for managing accounting activities and all the professionals working under accounting portfolio. They are responsible for developing, implementing and maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure smooth functioning of all accounting activities in the organization.
Accounting managers are required to keep on improvising the accounting procedures followed by the organization in order to enhance the workflow of accounting tasks. They are also required to recruit new professionals in the accounting department and train them as per the company’s procedures and policies.
Account Management Duties And Responsibilities
- Supervising the accounts payable and accounts receivable departments in order to maintain healthy working relations with clients of the organization.
- Supporting the controller with workflow improves and helping them with special projects.
- Recruiting new staff members in the accounting departments, and training them for the tasks to be performed by them.
- Achieving the set objectives for accounting departments by contributing towards accounting tasks and supporting accounting professionals in their work.
- Responsible for contributing in the strategic planning of the organization by supplying the required accounting information and financial status reports of the organization.
- Preparing the annual and quarterly budgets and financial forecasting reports.
- Scheduling expenditures for the organization to ensure that organization keeps on maintaining a healthy financial status.
- Maintaining financial security and stability by establishing control strategies for accounting professionals
Account Management Skills And Specifications
An accountant management professional must possess the following mentioned skills in order to be successful at work:
- Excellent management and leadership skills, along with splendid motivational capability.
- Logical problem solving approach and reasoning skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Innovative and proactive approach with positive frame of mind.
- Ability to take up multiple tasks simultaneously, work with stringent deadlines.
Account Management Education And Qualification
An account management officer must possess following academic qualifications:
- Bachelors or master’s degree in accounting, finance, management, administration or any other related stream.
- Excellent knowledge of MS-office suite, and accounting software.
- Knowledge of accounting procedures, regulations, laws and standards.
- Must also hold mandatory accounting certification credentials.
Account Management Salary
An account manager works at the designation which he reaches after getting experience at various levels in accounting, hence these professionals are offered handsome salaries. They can earn up to $45,000 – $75,000 per annum.