Administration volunteer Job Profile and Description
The job of an administration volunteer is associated with the administration of the day to day activities of a workplace and is generally short term in nature. A person working as an administration volunteer is required to assist the manager or office administrator and take orders from him/her.
He/she may have basic work duties such as ordering stationary, filing and photocopying, making telephone enquiries, taking calls, fixing meetings, updating records and assisting in fundraising etc. Depending upon the place of employment, these duties may vary. The following is a detailed description of an administration volunteer’s job.
Administration volunteer Duties and Responsibilities
The following are the duties and responsibilities of an administration volunteer:
- One of the major responsibilities of an administration volunteer is to handle the mails and couriers of the workplace.
- He/she is responsible for making telephone calls for the purpose of enquiries etc as ordered by the manager.
- An administration volunteer is also responsible for taking calls in the absence of seniors and responding to enquiries etc.
- He/she may also be asked to fix up meetings or do field duties such as delivering packages etc.
- It is the duty of an administration volunteer to order stationary for the workplace to ensure its smooth functioning.
- Another duty of an administration volunteer is to make sure that all kinds of repair and maintenance work of the office is taken care off.
- He/she must help in record keeping, filing and photocopying etc as well.
- Chasing up unpaid debts and assisting with invoicing is also another duty of an administration volunteer.
Administration volunteer Skills and Specifications
The skills required by a person working as an administration volunteer are given as follows:
- Hard work, dedication and reliability are some of the skills required by an administration volunteer.
- He/she must be willing to take and implement the orders.
- Ability to read, write, work on computers etc is also required.
- Good communication skills are also needed.
Administration volunteer Education and Qualification
The educational qualifications of an administration volunteer are given as follows:
- There are no formal educational requirements to become an administration volunteer. But a minimum of high school education or bachelor’s in any field may be asked for in some cases.
Administration volunteer Salary
On an average, an administration volunteer earns a median salary of $40000. This amount may vary from organisation to organisation.