Art Teacher is required to be efficient in her subject. She is required to give art lessons to the students. She may be employed at a school, institute or in a community setting. The subject is included in the curriculum of various schools and these teachers are much in demand in the schools. They are required to prepare study programs for the arts students and teach them various aspects of arts including sketching, designing, painting and sculpturing.
They are required to plan and schedule the lessons to be taught in the classroom so that the course content is complete within the allotted time frame. Art Teacher needs to evaluate the art work done by the students and grade them accordingly.
Art Teacher Duties and Responsibilities
There are a number of duties and responsibilities assigned to an Art Teacher. These include:
- Art Teacher is required to instruct the students on various aspects of arts.
- Art Teacher is required to give lessons on sketching, designing, painting and sculpturing.
- Art Teacher is required to prepare study material and lessons for the students before coming to the classroom.
- Art Teacher is required to set the course goals and share the same with the students.
- Art Teacher is required to ensure that the course is completed on time.
- Art Teacher needs to prepare examination papers and conduct examination to assess the student’s knowledge.
- Art Teacher is required to discuss the scope of improvement with the students.
- Art Teacher is required to conduct meetings with the students’ parents to discuss their performance.
- Art Teacher is required to take the students on field trips to places such as art galleries, museums, etc.
- Art Teacher may even teach commercial arts or art history based on her area of specialization.
Art Teacher Skills and Specifications
Art Teacher requires the below mentioned skills and specifications:
- Art Teacher should be skilled in her subject and must be confident about it.
- Art Teacher must have good teaching skills.
- Art Teacher should have good time management skills.
Art Teacher Education and Qualification
The education and qualification requirements for an Art Teacher are as follows:
- A high school diploma
- Bachelor’s in Arts
- Master’s in Arts specializing in a particular arena of arts
- Relevant work experience is preferred.
Art Teacher Salary
The average annual salary of an Art Teacher is $ 57,000. The salary may vary based on a person’s educational qualification and work experience. It also differs from employer to employer.