Bank Clerk Job Description and Profile
A Bank Clerk is such a financial service professional who works as a key point of contact for the bank customers. These professionals have the duty of administering the basic banking transaction and answering most of the questions of the customers. These people have the duty of ensuring that all the operations of the bank are carried off smoothly and making banking easy.
He also has the task of promoting and educating the customers on products and services of the banks like that of credit cards, individual retirement accounts and money accounts.
Bank Clerk Duties and Responsibilities
- Accepting deposits and also cashing checks, paying money to the customers after carrying out the validation of the signatures on availability of check and fund.
- Handling withdrawals, verifying the customer signatures and examining the photo identification in order to ensure validity.
- Recording all transactions which have been entered in form of notes into the computer system of financial institutions and accepting of loan payments.
- Answering all types of customer questions and resolving any issues related to their accounts, referring to the issue to bank branch manager.
- Recording the interest that is owed to the saving account customers and the interest owed to bank from the loans and other types of investments.
- Preparing monthly balance sheets related to the checking of account customers.
- Recording, filing, and then looking after bonds, stocks and other types of investment related documents.
Bank Clerk Education, Training and Qualifications
Bank clerks need to have a high school diploma or equivalent degree. Those clerks who come with good understanding of accounting, finance, or some related field are highly preferred by the recruiting companies.
Bank Clerk Degrees, Courses & Certification
Apart from formal education, these professionals need to take business, math, or related courses and should possess good deal of knowledge about the process of operations related to banking. Course in basic computer skills is absolutely imperative.
Bank Clerk Skills and Specifications
- Good degree of computer literacy
- Great problem solving skills
- Adept in clerical tasks
- Ability to communicate efficiently
- Ability to behave in a polished fashion
Bank Clerk Salary/Wage
The salary of a bank clerk is about £8,000 to £10,000 annually. The professional who gain greater degree of experience can expect to be promoted to the position of senior bank clerk and can draw greater income.