Bank Director Job Description and Profile
The Bank Director is one of the most important professionals in the bank and the primary task of the bank director is to take care of the daily operations of the bank. Ensuring that all the operations of the bank are in accord with the legal regulations fall under the aegis of this professional.
The bank director also carries out the task of selecting the senior bank officials and keeping track of their performance. He also has the duty of delegating functions to his subordinates and guiding the bank in the process of achieving its desired goals.
Bank Director Duties and Responsibilities
- Appointing the bank managers and other senior executives keeping the requirements of the post in mind.
- Supervising the performance of the executives and ensuring that their performance level is in keeping with the desired level.
- Setting the goals of the bank and developing them in order to help the bank flourish in the desired fashion.
- Evolving different strategies and then executing them in order to make the bank meet its goals.
- Planning about the different investment decisions and going forward with them for the best results.
- Ensuring that the bank operations are in relation with the different types of legal regulations in operation.
- Conducting regular rounds of audits of the banking operations.
- Protecting both the investments and rights of the shareholders associated with the bank.
- Resolving the fights between the senior management executives and board members.
Bank Director Education, Training and Qualifications
A Master’s degree in Finance or Business Administration related field is highly imperative. However, along with formal education, the professional needs to earn good degree of experience in order to be appointed as one of the Board of Directors. Knowledge about the legal banking regulations is absolutely imperative to function in this field.
Bank Director Degrees, Courses & Certification
Apart from formal education and experience as a senior executive in the bank, these professionals need to have in depth knowledge about the different laws that govern the financial institutions. Professionals can study these laws by taking various certification courses.
Bank Director Skills and Specifications
- Good deal of knowledge of the banking sector
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Great leadership abilities and interpersonal skills
- Strong managerial and supervisory skills
- Ability to make quick decisions
- Ability to develop strategies and policies
Bank Director Salary/Wage
The salary of a bank director is about $120,000 – $ 150,000 annually. This salary range can greatly vary depending on the nature of the bank the professional is associated with.